Monday, December 5, 2011

four wheeled heartbreak

i have owned my fair share of cars during my short lifetime
all of them i have loved but laked the experience to hold onto them.
only recently am i learning what i takes to maintain a car
they don't fix themselves.

I'm going to try and go over each car i have had
this is an Internet memorial
starting with the most recent

my friends john chris and mike galli built this truck
is an 82 gmc c-10
new crate 350
rebuilt everything
mike did a lot of fab work on it
including a louvered tailgate and roll pan
c-notched the frame
custom grill,  injection hood etc
i got the opportunity to buy it from chris
and its been wonderful to me
i personally witht hte help of pat and morgan installed new leaf springs
and 2"lowering blocks in addition to the flip kit mike installed
i got steel rims and white walls
and recently had 2" drop spindles and spring installed


as of lately i think the head gasket was blown. i attribute this to my neglect of the cooling system
and on two separate occasions my motor turned off while driving
this photo my wife took as she was getting a tow the second time it happend to her
as u can see the body is straight and beautiful

 
befor the dropped front end

my goal is to keep this truck running as my daily driver
for an idefenate amout of time
hopefully i can do this

No comments:

Post a Comment